Call ChargesAll calls may be recorded for training, monitoring and quality purposes.

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone.

Calls to 0844 numbers cost £0.06 per minute plus your phone company's access charge. See T&Cs

Audi's quattro ultra technology pioneered in the new A4 Allroad

The new A4 Allroad will be the very first Audi model to use the latest advances in Audi's all-wheel-drive systems - quattro with ultra technology. This new system has the ability to deactivate all-wheel-drive when it's not needed, meaning that fuel efficiency and CO2 output are both improved. When the cars senses a situation that would benefit from all-wheel-drive it can switch in a split-second.

The 2.0TFSI with 252PS will be the first engine to receive the new technology with more manual and S tronic models benefiting in the future. The new system monitors the way the car is moving, the driver's behaviour and the road conditions an activates all-wheel-drive if it's needed, for example just before the car runs out of grip on a fast corner or if the wheels suddenly move from dry asphalt to sheet ice.

Audi drive select

All quattro models will have Audi drive select equipped allowing the driver to adjust the all-wheel-drive properties to suit their individual needs. Auto mode provides the best traction and balanced driving dynamics, dynamic mode quickly sends more power to the rear axle while wheel-selective torque control smooths out the car's handling.

Off-road capability

The remainder of the A4 allroad line up, including the 2.0 TDI with 190PS and the 3.0TDI with 218PS or 272PS, will benefit from the acclaimed quattro drivetrain with self-locking centre differential. During normal driving operation, the self-locking centre differential distributed 60% of the power to the rear axle and the remaining 40% to the front. This increased to a maximum of 70% up front or 85% to the rear when required.

When driving off-road, the allroad benefits from 34mm more ground clearance than the standard A4 Avant and the driver can select an offroad mode through Audi drive select to make the most of this feature. Coupled with adaptive suspension with damper control, the A4 allroad can handle when the going gets tough. As expected in allroad models, robust underbody guards and contrasting wheel arches create a rugged look in combination with a unique single frame grille design and model-specific air intakes and roof bars.

Allroad technology

The A4 range are truly progressive vehicles with the latest technology and the allroad is no different. A long list of options including MMI Navigation with MMI touch, a folding towbar with electric release, and the latest developments in driver assistance including traffic jam assist which can accelerate, brake and steer the car independenlty at speeds of up to 37mph.

The Audi A4 allroad is expected to open for ordering in late April. For more information please contact your nearest Lookers Audi centre or visit our dedicated Audi A4 allroad page.