- Air conditioning – with temperatures on the rise, this is one of the most important features in your car during the summer months. Have the system checked and maintained by a qualified technician, and you might even benefit from special offers.
- Cooling systems – the biggest cause of breakdowns and engine problems in summer is overheating. Check both the coolant level and the condition of the fan within the system. Always remember: never attempt to remove the radiator cap before the engine has fully cooled.
- Tyres - check the condition, the tread and pressure of your tyres, and make sure they're free from sticky tarmac and other foreign objects.
- Bodywork – roadworks are a regular sight in the summer months, as workers take advantage of extra daylight hours and warmer working conditions. Loose surfaces and other debris is more likely to come into contact with your car, so keep an eye on the body for any dents, dings and scratches.
- Windscreen – bright sunlight will make dust and dirt on your screen more visible, and make it harder for you to see your surroundings. You may also want to clean the windscreen wipers to make screenwash much more effective.
- General maintenance – as always, ensure that your oil and other fluids are clean and topped up, and that everything is in working order.
At any time of the year, you'll always receive expert, tailored advice on maintaining your vehicle from Lookers. Please speak with your nearest service centre team for more information.