Logistics and Administration Manager, Jaguar Land Rover Heathrow
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a new challenge, great job satisfaction, and opportunities to develop and climb the career ladder within a Top 5 UK Motor Trade company…
Job Purpose: To effectively manage and improve the smooth running of the logistics centre, ensuring a clear process for the delivery and administration of vehicles to both the centre and external clients.
- To organise the delivery-in of vehicles in both clients and Company’s best interests.
- To see in new vehicles are out of transport mode and have two keys. To liaise with delivery drives as necessary
- Follow strict process of tagging keys correctly, displaying key numbers in vehicles windows and keyboard order.
- Paperwork is to be produced for all cars and to be delivered to ensure the condition is noted on handover and collection. Any damage must be noted and arrange rectification through bodyshop or smart repairs.
- To carry out the preparation for delivery of vehicles required by the Corporate Sales Departments and ensure all extras to be fitted to vehicle are obtained in a timely manner bi liaising with Service and Parts Departments
- To oversee the cleaning of all vehicles in valeting in accordance with established site procedure in order to achieve the maximum presentation of vehicles.
- To manage the preparation of all delivery/collection vehicles to a high standard and within a 24 hour timeframe
- Liaise with sales departments, clients and brokers efficiently, arranging over delivery-out dates when needs be
- To organise, direct and control the vehicle compound.
- To comply with the Quality Standards agreed within the site in accordance with established policy with a willingness to adapt to new methods and procedures where necessary.
- To manage and maintain site in accordance to the Company Health and Safety regulations ensuring that accidents and incidents are kept to a minimal level and that the security of the site and cars in maintained
Full Training will be provided
Key Attributes and Qualities:
- Working knowledge of legal responsibilities under the Road Traffic Act and Vehicle Taxation Validity
- Can demonstrate a commitment to the role and is willing to work additional hours as required.
- Exemplary communication skills
- A professional appearance that reflects the high standard of professional behaviour across the company.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle conflicting demands, and schedule work appropriately
- Computer Literate: primarily Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- A Full and valid UK Driving Licence
- The ability to provide direction and motivation to others to achieve Lookers’ visions and objectives.
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to Barrie Sands, General Manager, at BarrieSands@lookers.co.uk
Closing Date: 07 December 2016