Cashier, Lookers Divisional Accounts Chelmsford
Job role: To receive and analyse the daily banking from all allocated branches. To raise all manual cheque payments and bank transfers on a timely basis. To ensure that the till accounts are up to date and are reconciled daily.
- Be aware of the importance of good customer service.
- Ensure that all banking sheets are posted daily.
- Ensure that all documentation is checked and that any discrepancies are reported to the relevant departmental manager.
- Ensure that all till accounts are reconciled daily.
- Ensure that all debtor accounts are reviewed and actioned for contras on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all department managers are kept informed of outstanding cash debtors.
- Ensure that correct documentation accompanies all cheque requests prior to raising cheques.
- Ensure that correct documentation accompanies all bank transfer requests prior to setting up.
- Raise cheques and post out as required.
- Set up bank transfer requests as required.
- Ensure that all filing systems and other records are maintained accurately and efficiently.
- Deal with all telephone calls in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- Deal with all internal staff in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform ad-hoc duties when required.
- Be familiar with the terms and conditions of employment.
What we’re looking for:
- Detail-orientated with a systematic approach to work
- Computer literate inc. Microsoft Office
- Can learn to work with new software quickly and efficiently
- Organised; can handle conflicting demands
- Meets deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Maths and English GCSE grade A*-C, or equivalent
- Experience in accounts bank reconciliation
- Experience in cash processing
Interested? Please send your current CV and covering letter to Tina Goodman, Head of Operational Finance, TinaGoodman@lookers.co.uk.
Closing Date: 31st August 2016