Our Capability Development Team is focussed on enhancing our peoples’ potential through building capability and competency, growing and developing people to ensure they are effective in their roles. The objective of this role is to ensure that our peoples’ skills develop to match the needs of our customers, thus positively contributing to the bottom line.
Capability Development Consultant
Looking for a Learning & Development role that combines your brilliant people skills with your enthusiasm about building people’s capability?
Lookers Plc is an automotive environment like no other — exceptionally focused on delivering amazing customer experiences through the drive of our people. Our Development Consultants are at the heart of this, providing development solutions to support our business by providing insights, guidance and proposals to key business stakeholders across our group.
- Champion, roll out and embed fit for purpose development programmes for multi-site, multi-level, high volume populations in automotive environments.
- Diagnosing and leading programmes to ensure culture is enhancing business performance
- You will advise and contribute to the delivery and implementation of manufacturer people development strategies
- Produce annual people development plans in collaboration with the business and HRBP, scoping needs, sourcing and providing solutions and determining success criteria
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and inspire employees (from all levels of the organisation) to participate fully in the development activity
- Demonstrate credible experience across training needs analysis, design, and capability improvement
- The ability to develop effective relations is essential, as stakeholder engagement skills will be the key to your success in this role, particularly at a senior level
- Experience of building capability within a large organisation, demonstrating knowledge of most aspects of training and development and an awareness of best practice in training approaches and processes
- Travel is required across the region (Leeds, Chelmsford and Braintree) and to meetings in Glasgow and Manchester.
*Please disregard the closing date - this vacancy will be closed when a sufficient number of applications have been received.*