Specialising in the prestigious Audi brand, our Audi accident and repair centre in Hillington is committed to providing first class customer satisfaction through exceptional aftersales care. We have the latest Bodyshop technology as well as a wealth of experience and skills specialising in and R8 and aluminium repair – now we are looking for an experienced and dedicated Mechanical Electrical and Trim (MET) Technician to join our team and contribute to our continuing success.
About the Role:
Working in our modern, state of the art premises, you will be responsible for identifying damaged mechanical and electrical components on vehicles and removing and refitting before and after the vehicle is refinished. Your work will be both professional and cost-effective and ensure high quality standards are met so that customer satisfaction remains a priority. Manufacturer’s training will be provided.
Hours of work: 42.5 hours per week from 8.00am – 5pm - Monday to Friday
- To dismantle and reassemble damaged vehicles in accordance with the prescribed repair method
- Ensure that stripping and rebuilding work of all vehicles is carried out in a professional and correct manner and that final quality checks are undertaken in line with applicable standards
- Check that all parts are ordered as per estimate, to ensure that the repair can be completed without delay, returning all unused parts to the parts department for credit
- Maintaining logs of work carried out and informing the VDA of any additional work required
- Provide detailed verbal and/or written reports on methodology of work completed to internal and external auditors
- Create a trust-based relationship between customer and company
Skills and Experience Required:
- You will need to be trained in vehicle body and paint operations mechanical and electrical trim/body fitting.
- Alternatively if you already working in a similar role as Technician or have experience in this field
- Understanding of and adherence to Health & Safety legislation including COSHH requirements
- Ability to works efficiently within manufacturers’ time allowances
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail, have great communication skills and be a team player
- Previous experience in using up to date repair equipment, repair methods and body repair techniques
- A working knowledge of automotive systems and the specific materials required for the repair process.
- Honest and diligent approach to work with the ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality of work.
On offer is a very competitive salary with over time and bonus potential. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a new challenge, great job satisfaction, and opportunities to develop with the UK’s biggest Motor Trade Companies
Interested: Please email you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org