Ellesmere Port Vauxhall
Hours of work: Due to an increase in business activity we are now looking to offer the opportunity of more flexible start and finish times between the hours of 8am - 5pm working between 40 - 45 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the high quality of body paint preparation and application is consistent throughout process.
- Demonstrate the effective use of PPE as well as a broad understanding of body repair techniques
- Use working knowledge and initiative to ensure the most appropriate paint types are used.
- Maintain own workspace to recognised housekeeping standards
- Understand the needs of our customers, keeping them in mind when taking action
- Contribute to team discussions to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Create a trust-based relationship between customer and company
- Develop and maintain working relationships with colleagues, the client base and the manufacturers
Skills and Experience Required:
- Understanding of and adherence to Health & Safety legislation including COSHH requirements
- An organised, systematic and resilient approach to work
- Ability to works efficiently within manufacturers’ time allowances
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail with regards to high quality paint preparation and the application of approved paint products according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Great communication skills and team player
- Previous experience as a Paint Technician with a minimum of City in Guilds in spray painting or equivalent
- A working knowledge of automotive systems and the specific materials required for the repair process.
- A full and valid UK driving licence
As a leader within the UK Automotive industry representing over 30 different manufacturers across over 160 sites, Lookers has a reputation for delivering the highest quality of customer service, time and again. As one of the UK’s Top Employers we know our people are our greatest asset and at the heart of our success. We truly believe that a happy team ensures happy customers so we live by our NICER values with regards to both our customers and each other….Nice, Informative, Caring, Enthusiastic and Responsive
Interested? Please send your CV and covering email to the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2018
*Please disregard the above closing date. This advert will be taken down when a sufficient number of applications have been received*