Outstanding salary & benefits package available
Lookers HQ, Manchester and Belfast
As part of the Enterprise Architecture group, and software delivery team, you’ll be responsible for establishing the optimum technology solution to meet specific business needs. You’ll translate enterprise architecture principles into solution design, and work with teams to deliver high quality products and services.
Technologies used are primarily, but not exclusively, from the Microsoft stack including Azure, Dynamics CRM, BizTalk, MDS, ASP.NET (MVC) and SQL Server.
- Convert business and technical requirements into an architectural design that becomes the blueprint for the solution being created.
- Formulate architectural designs consistent with technology strategy, relevant patterns and enterprise architecture principles.
- Provide technical guidance for software development teams throughout the course of the project.
- Plan the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution.
- Having led the design phase of the project, participate in all remaining phases to verify that the design is installed, configured and documented correctly.
- Where relevant, assist with assessment of vendor proposals.
- Work closely with data architects to ensure information requirements are met in solution design.
Qualities & skills we’re looking for:
- You’ll love what you do and have a passion for technology and have strong design, analytical and technical aptitude
- Critical thinking and the ability, constructively, to challenge ideas and design approaches.
- Experience of understanding business requirements with excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- You’ll be fun to work with and instinctively know how to integrate into teams , make work fun as well as work independently with little supervision
- Good understanding of multiple architectural design patterns, SOLID, data integration techniques, SOA and Microservices.
- Fluent in whiteboard demonstrations and ability to articulate ideas.
- Excellent architecture diagramming capabilities.
- Experienced and comfortable with an Agile development environment.
- Ability to think big and willing to take on any challenge work on several projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive hands on experience of architecting and implementing relevant Microsoft technologies, infrastructure, datastores and networking.
- Experience migrating and transforming legacy software solutions to the cloud.
- Familiarity with common enterprise services, products (i.e. Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (i.e. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF).
- Professional qualification in Computer Science/Studies, or other related discipline.
At Lookers we’re proud to represent more than 30 leading car manufacturers with dealerships located throughout the UK and Ireland. We are one of the UK’s Top Employers and established automotive retailers, having recently celebrated winning, Dealer Group of the Year Award 2016. Our success is driven by our people and their passion to provide our customers the very best service. Underpinning this success is our ongoing commitment and investment into our technology.
In return for your hard work, we provide the opportunity of a long term career path working alongside and part of a driven and dedicated team. On offer are exceptional opportunities for development, ongoing investment in training and an excellent salary package.
Interested? Then please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at Lookers
Your future could look very different…
Please disregard the closing date. The vacancy will be closed when the required number of applications have been received.