Joining us as a Technician within our busy workshop team at Guildford Skoda, will mean carrying out motor vehicle servicing and repairs to approved standards as well as delivering unbeatable customer service every time.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm and 1 in 3 Saturdays 8am – 1pm
Job Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out diagnosis and undertaking a wide range of servicing and repair work on customer vehicles
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service
- Ensuring effective use of technical knowledge and skills enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of customer vehicles.
- Building and long lasting and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Accurately completing repair and service records as well as any other appropriate activities as specified by the Team Leader or Service Manager
- Actively supporting company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Analysing work orders carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
Key Attributes and Skills:
- The ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service
- A minimum of NVQ level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Demonstrates an honest and diligent approach to work.
- Has a flexible approach to time-keeping when completing jobs in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details.
- Previous diagnostic experience would be an advantage and an understanding of automotive systems and functionalities
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence
Interested? Please send your current CV and Covering Letter to the recruitment team
As a leader within the UK Automotive industry, representing over 30 different manufacturers such as Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes and Ford across over 160 sites, Lookers has a reputation for delivering the highest quality of customer service, time and again. As one of the UK’s Top Employers, we know our people are our greatest asset and at the heart of our success. We truly believe that a happy team ensures happy customers so we live by our NICER values with regards to both our customers and each other….Nice, Informative, Caring, Enthusiastic and Responsive
*Please disregard the above closing date. This advert will be taken down when a sufficient number of applications have been received*