The importance of your Kia Cambelt - Why do you need it replaced?
A cambelt, otherwise known as a timing belt, connects the revolving components of an engine via pulley wheels and tensioners in synchronisation. The cambelt revolves at 1000's of revolutions per minute and is under extreme mechanical and thermal stress, so it is vital to replace it at the required scheduled service intervals.
The facts about your Kia cambelt
- It links the crankshaft to the camshaft via pulley wheels and tensioners.
- It's made from rubber, which minimises noise and increases efficiency.
- Cambelt is similar to tyres as it can deteriorate and perish over time.
- Your Kia dealer will advise you when to replace your cambelt as it varies with each Kia model.
- When changing the cambelt, it should only be changed by a qualified Kia technician using the correct equipment.