Oil Changing Tips
It is important to check your engine oil level and follow Kia's recommended oil change intervals to make sure your vehicle runs smooth and efficiently. If running low on engine oil you can damage the engine so it is important to check your oil every week according to Kia. Using the correct grade of engine oil and changing it regularly is very important.
The facts about engine oil
- Motor oil is used to lubricate engine parts reducing friction, heat and improving engine performance.
- Oil also protects engine parts against wear and corrosion, making the engine more efficient and last longer.
- The oil's lubrication, cleaning and protection qualities will decline with age and mileage so should be changed according to Kia's guidelines.
- When the oil level drops it means that the oil left in your engine has to work harder making it dirtier and resulting to lower performance.
- It is important to use the right grade of oil, so using the cheap oil can be a false economy.