1. Lookers PLC (Registered Number 111876) of 776 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester M32 0QH is the promoter of the Prize Draw (the “Promoter”).
2. The Prize Draw can be entered by any UK resident (including Northern Ireland residents but excluding residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, families, its agents or anyone else associated with this Prize Draw.
3. The Prize Draw opens on 1st August 2017 and closes at 23:59 on 30th June 2018 (the “Prize Draw Period”).
4. The Prize Draw will be made two times during the Prize Draw Period.
5. To enter, entrants must (i) purchase a new or used vehicle from Lookers during the Prize Draw Period (a “Purchase”); (ii) make a £10 donation to Children in Need, which will be paid to the Promoter on Children in Need’s behalf and passed to Children in Need as described in paragraph 15 below; and (iii) at the time of purchase, provide the entrant’s full name, address and telephone number.
6. The winner of each Prize Draw will win a new vehicle of their choice of the same brand as the vehicle they purchased up to a maximum retail value of £25,000 (the “Prize”). The retail value is the price at which the Promoter is offering the vehicle for sale as at the date on which the winner is notified they have won.
7. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to obtain the winner's selected vehicle but reserves the right to ask the winner to select an alternative vehicle if it is unable to obtain the requested vehicle within a reasonable timescale. If the Promoter is unable to offer a vehicle from the brand that the winner Purchased then the winner may select a vehicle from an alternative brand offered by the Promoter (again, up to a maximum retail value of £25,000). There are no other prizes available and no cash alternative is offered.
8. A record of each entrant will be entered into a Prize Draw that will take place every [6 months] (the ‘6 Month Period’), Prize Draws will be planned as follows:
Prize Draw 1 28th February 2018 (to include Purchases from 2nd August 2017 to 31st January 2018)
Prize Draw 2 31st July 2018 (to include Purchases from 1st February 2018 to 30th June 2018)
9. Entrants will only be entered into a single Prize Draw and not be re-entered into subsequent Prize Draws. Entrants may enter the Prize Draw each time they make a Purchase and complete the steps listed at paragraph 5 above, subject to a maximum of one entry per person per 6 Month Period. Vehicles purchased before or after the Prize Draw Period will not qualify for entry into the Prize Draw.
10. The winner of each Prize Draw will be selected at random from all correct entries and notified by the Promoter by telephone and/or in writing within 10 days of the Prize Draw taking place using the details provided upon purchase.
11. In the event that only one person enters the Prize Draw they will be selected as the winner.
12. Winners will need to make arrangements with the Promoter to collect the Prize and complete any formalities to enable the registration of the Prize and the transfer of ownership of the Prize to the winner. The time taken to make the Prize available will depend on the exact vehicle selected by the winner, but the Promoter will make it available for collection as soon as reasonably practicable. Unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter, the Prize must be collected within 28 days of the winner being notified that the Prize is available for collection.
13. If the Promoter is unable to make contact with the winner using the details provided at the time the winner entered the Prize Draw, the winner fails to respond to notification of the win and select a Prize within 28 days of being notified of the win, the winner fails to collect the Prize within 28 days of being notified that it is available for collection, or the winner refuses the Prize, the Promoter shall notify that entrant that the offer of the Prize has been withdrawn and shall select another winner at random from amongst the entrants in the relevant 6 Month Period.
14. Fulfilment of the Prize may be undertaken by any Lookers Group company. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Prize is made available for collection at a location convenient to the winner.
15. All donations made in respect of the Prize Draw will benefit BBC Children in Need (charity number 802052 in England & Wales and SC039557 in Scotland). To reduce administration costs for Children in Need, donations are collected by Lookers and passed to Children in Need Limited (on behalf of BBC Children in Need) on a quarterly basis. The £10 donation is non-refundable. The value of the Prizes will be fully funded by the Promoter and will not be deducted from the donations.
16. The names and counties of residence of each winner will be available for a period of three months following the end of the Prize Draw Period by sending a self addressed envelope to the Promoter at 776 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester M32 0QH, clearly marked “Children in Need: Win a New Vehicle Prize Draw”.
17. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. The Prize is personal to the winner and is non-transferrable to any other person
18. If an entrant returns or cancels their Purchase after entry, they will still be entered into the Prize Draw for the relevant 6 Month Period.
19. The Prize winners may be required to participate in unpaid publicity related with this promotion including without limitation the inclusion of their names and photographs in a press release and use on websites owned by or operated on behalf of the Promoter.
20. By entering this Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant which the Promoter reasonably believes has contravened any of these terms and conditions. If that entrant had been selected as the winner of a Prize Draw at the point of disqualification the Promoter shall withdraw the offer of the Prize and select alternative winner at random from the remaining entries for the relevant 6 Month Period.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, change or cancel this Prize Draw at any time where it considers it reasonably necessary to do so, for example if Children in Need requests that it ends the Prize Draw, where it becomes illegal or unlawful to operate the Prize Draw, or where the Promoter reasonably believes that the integrity of the Prize Draw has been prejudiced in any way, for example due to attempted fraud or cheating. If the Prize Draw is withdrawn or cancelled for any reason the Promoter will still ensure that any donations made prior to the withdrawal or cancellation are passed to Children in Need.
23. No Donation Necessary (applicable to all UK residents): If you have made a Purchase (see paragraph 5) and wish to enter the Prize Draw without making a donation you may enter the Prize Draw for free by writing to the Head of Comms & Engagement at Lookers, Leopard House, Asama Court, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YD clearly marking your envelope “Children in Need: Win a New Vehicle Prize Draw”. You must include your full name, address and telephone number, proof of purchase and a request to be entered into the Prize Draw. To be eligible your entry must be received during the Prize Draw Period. If your entry is not received within the same 6 Month Period as that in which you made your Purchase then we will enter you into the next Prize Draw. The free entry route is only open to individuals meeting the eligibility criteria set out in paragraph 2. Maximum one entry per person per Purchase and per 6 Month Period.
24. No Purchase Necessary (applicable to Northern Ireland residents only): If you are a resident of Northern Ireland then you may enter the Prize Draw even if you have not made a Purchase. For free entry into the Prize Draw please follow the same process set out in paragraph 23 above but instead of providing proof of purchase include confirmation that you have not made a Purchase and are entering via the No Purchase Necessary route as a Northern Ireland resident. If you win you may select a vehicle of any brand offered by the Promoter up to a maximum retail value of £25,000.
25. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Prize Draw or these terms and conditions. Entrants agree that the Promoter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from participation in this Prize Draw. Nothing in this clause shall limit the Promoter’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of negligence or arising out of fraud.
26. This Prize Draw is run in aid of, and is authorised by, BBC Children in Need. However, Children in Need Limited, BBC Children in Need and the British Broadcasting Corporation are not directly involved in the operation of the Prize Draw and do not have any responsibility for fulfilling the Prize or otherwise in respect of this Prize Draw.
27. This Prize Draw is governed by English law and the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction.