– References to “we" or “us" in these terms are to Lookers Motor Group Limited and any other subsidiary company of Lookers plc which provides the Service to you. Lookers Motor Group Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 143470 and whose registered address is 776 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0QH.
– These terms apply to our “Take a Look" Vehicle Movement Scheme (the Service). The Service offers you the opportunity to inspect a vehicle (the Vehicle) which you have seen advertised on our website www.lookers.co.uk (the Website) at your local dealership, provided that the dealership is in mainland Great Britain.
– The Service is available to individuals aged 18 years old and above who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom. We refer to the person receiving the Service as "you" in these terms.
About the Service
– The Service is offered at our discretion and may be changed or withdrawn at any time. You should be aware that making a Booking via the Service only covers the delivery of the Vehicle to the dealership for your inspection. Should you wish to take the Vehicle on a test drive or to purchase the Vehicle the dealership will organise that for you.
Requesting the Service
– If you would like to utilise the Service in respect of any Vehicle then you must call the telephone number provided for this purpose or complete and submit the relevant online form (a Request). We shall notify you in writing or by telephone and this shall form a legally binding agreement between you and us (a Booking). You must only request the Service in good faith if you genuinely wish to inspect the Vehicle and have a genuine interest in purchasing that Vehicle (though for the avoidance of doubt making a Request does not oblige you to purchase the Vehicle).
– Please note that unless we agree otherwise we will only allow you to have one active Booking at any time. This means that once you have placed a Request to inspect a Vehicle you will not be entitled to place another Request until you have in fact inspected that Vehicle at your local dealership (or the Request or Booking has been cancelled).
– We reserve the right to decline to offer the Service to any individual in our discretion, for example because of an unusual number of Requests being received, failure to attend an appointment to inspect a Vehicle, because we reasonably consider that the Request may have been made in bad faith or for any other reason. If we notify you that you are not entitled to use the Services then you may not place any Requests and if you do place a Request and we inadvertently accept it then that Booking shall be void.
– You will also be required to provide such personal information about yourself as we may request, either via the online request form, during the telephone call where you make your Request or subsequently. This may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and any other information as we may reasonably consider necessary or desirable to provide the Service. Be assured that we take your privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable steps to protect it securely.
– All Bookings are subject to a Reservation Fee which shall be stated on our Website. In the absence of any Reservation Fee being stated on the Website the Reservation Fee shall be £200. The Vehicle will not be delivered to your dealership until the Reservation Fee has been paid in cleared funds, either by credit or debit card.
– The Reservation Fee is fully refundable provided that you attend at the dealership to inspect the Vehicle in accordance with the arrangements described below. If you choose to proceed with the purchase of the Vehicle we shall apply the Reservation Fee as a credit against the purchase price. If you choose not to proceed with the purchase we shall refund the Reservation Fee to you to the same card you used to make the payment within 5Working Days (that is, a day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England and/or the part of the United Kingdom where the dealership is based) of you confirming to us that you do not want to proceed with the purchase or requesting the refund of the Reservation Fee.
– Note that if you do not make an appointment to attend the dealership or make an appointment but fail to attend at the dealership then your Reservation Fee will not be refunded. For the avoidance of doubt this will include circumstances where you contact the dealership but do not agree to attend at the dealership within 2Working Days of being notified that the Vehicle has been delivered (or such other reasonable period as we may agree).
– We will also refund your Reservation Fee if we have to cancel a Booking for any reason or if the dealership is unable to offer any appointments to attend to inspect the Vehicle.
Delivery and Inspection
– We will endeavour to deliver the Vehicle to your preferred local dealership. However, if, in the unlikely event, this is not possible then we shall provide you with a list of available dealerships in your area and deliver it to such available dealership as you may request. We have dealerships across the country but in the unusual circumstances that we are unable to locate an appropriate local dealership through which we can offer the Service then we will refuse your Request or cancel your Booking (and, where relevant, refund any Reservation Fee).
– We shall deliver the Vehicle to your chosen dealership within 4 Working Days of receiving your Reservation Fee.
– We shall contact you once the Vehicle has arrived, or when we know when the Vehicle will arrive, at your chosen dealership to make arrangements for a convenient time for you to attend to inspect the Vehicle.
– We will endeavour to arrange an appointment at your requested time. However, note that our dealerships do get busy at certain times so we cannot guarantee that any particular time or date will be available but we will make reasonable efforts to find a convenient time for you to attend as soon as possible.
– We can only guarantee to keep the Vehicle at your local dealership for 2 Working Days following notification to you that it has arrived. Once you have made an appointment with the dealership then the Vehicle will be retained until at least that date.
– When you speak to the dealership to arrange your attendance to inspect the Vehicle, please notify the dealership if you wish to take a test drive or if you have any specific queries or requirements, including any access requirements you may have.
Other Important Things You Need to Know
– This Service is provided to you at no charge (provided that you attend the dealership in accordance with the above provisions). As we are providing the Service to you on this basis, you should understand that we feel it reasonable to limit our liability to you under this agreement. Over total overall liability in respect of all causes of action arising out of or in connection with these terms (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall not exceed £200 (save that this limit shall not apply where we are not entitled to limit or exclude or liability by law, for example for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
– These terms form a contract between you and us. They do not give any rights to any other party.
– These terms represent the whole of the agreement between you and us in respect of the Service (though you are aware that other terms may apply in respect of your other dealings with us, such as if you choose to take a test drive or purchase the Vehicle). No other terms shall apply between us, other than those that you are given by law.
– These terms (including any associated non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law and you and we accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms.