We want you to stay safe this Winter, so take a read over some of our Winter Driving tips from Lookers smart.
- Give yourself extra time before the journey to prepare the car
- Don't drive off with a tiny hole cleared in the windscreen. Clear all windows and demist the inside completely
- Do not operate the wipers to clear thick snow or if they are frozen to the screen. Ensure they are turned off before turning the ignition on
- Clear snow and ice from the cabin air intake, radiator grill and lights
- Plan routes to favour major roads which are more likely to have been cleared and gritted
- DON'T reduce tyre pressures to get more grip
- Wear comfortable and dry footwear. Boots clogged with snow can slip on the pedals.
- Pack for the worst: hi-vis vest/jacket, a blanket, some food, a drink, spare screen wash, de-icer, ice scraper, shovel, phone charger, map, a first aid kid, a warning triangle,some jump leads, torch, square of carpet/hessian sack etc
- Clear the car regularly to prevent a build of snow, ice and road salt
- Ensure there is sufficient fuel in the tank