The success of The Lookers Group is dependent on the complete satisfaction of our customers and this continues to be the driving force behind our business today. We genuinely want to hear your feedback, both good and bad, to help us ensure we are able to maintain our high standards and ensure that we are there “for you, for life". A copy of your feedback will be passed directly to the relevant branch so any requests or observations can be addressed promptly.
Need to make a complaint? Our guide will help you resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
1. Purpose and Scope
This policy is designed to provide guidance on the way in which Lookers plc and its associated companies receive and manage complaints. We value our customers and aim to provide a first class service at all times, including in complaints handling. We want you to know that we treat all complaints seriously and we try to ensure that we resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
This policy covers:
· how to contact us
· our complaints process
· how to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the National Conciliation Service
2. How to contact us
For all customer concerns, please contact us using the enquiry web form at the top of this page or using the below details:
Post: Customer Liaison Team, Lookers plc, Unit A1, First Avenue, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE29 7SU
Tel: 0191 2981425
3. Our Complaints Process for complaints regarding a finance agreement or insurance product
· Acknowledgement We will provide written acknowledgement of your complaint within 5 working days.
· Final or Other Response Within eight weeks from the complaint being received, we will write to you with the outcome of the investigation. If our investigation is not yet complete, we will write with full details of the reasons for the delay and advise you of an appropriate timescale within which the investigation will be completed.
· Review stage When we have issued our final response letter or after eight weeks from the complaint being received, you may refer your complaint for free to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see below contact details).
· Root cause analysis Complaints received are logged and analysed for the root cause and so that corrective action can be taken to ensure business improvement.
4. What to do if you remain dissatisfied about our response to a complaint regarding a finance agreement or insurance product
We aim to resolve complaints at the earliest possible opportunity. If you remain dissatisfied, we recommend that you refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service is a free and independent service available to consumers who have a complaint about a financial product or service.
The address, website and contact details of the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:
Address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4 567 or 0300 123 9 123
For more information please read the Financial Ombudsman’s leaflet “Your Complaint and the Ombudsman” which is available at: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications... . If you would like us to post you a copy of the Financial Ombudsman’s leaflet, then please use the above contact details to let us know and provide your name and postal address.
5. National Conciliation Service (NCS)
If your complaint is not about a financial or insurance product or service, and you are unhappy with how we have resolved your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the National Conciliation Service (NCS). This is a free dispute resolution service. To contact the NCS, please use the following contact details:
Address: The National Conciliation Service, 2-3 Allerton Road, Rugby, CV23 0PA
Telephone: 01788 538317
6. Data Protection
All complaints received are treated with confidentiality and in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation.