This year marked the 40th year of the annual What Car? awards and Audi have come away with three awards along with eight Best Buy commendations.
The Audi TT was awarded What Car? magazine's Best Coupe award for a 16th year, making it the most decorated car i the 40-year history of the event. The 1.8 TFSI version was a particular highlight, with testers praising the cars 'sweet, peppy engine that offers lively acceleration' and a 'truly special driving experience'. This is also the fourth time this particular model has won.
The Audi A4 Saloon won the Executive Car category for the third time in a row, with the 2.0 TDI 190PS Sport being highlighted as having an 'accomplished feel', 'strong and refined' TDI unit and 'beautifully built interior'.
The Audi Q7 was the third winner, awarded the Best Luxury SUV for the second year in a row. The Q7 was described as 'so much more than your typical SUV' and it 'rides like a limousine, has the straight-line performance of a hot hatch' and 'accommodates people like an MPV'.
Along with these wins, eight other models were highlighted with 'Best Buy' commendations:
- Audi A3 Sportback - Best family car for more than £23,000
- Audi A5 Coupe - Best Coupe in the £30,000 - £50,000 bracket
- Audi A5 Cabriolet - Best Convertible more than £35,000
- Audi Q2 - Best small SUV more than £20,000
- Audi Q5 - Best large SUV more than £30,000
- Q7 e-tron - Best hybrid more than £35,000
- Audi A8 - Best luxury car in the £50,000 - £100,000 bracket
- Audi e-tron - Reader award runner-up
Want to drive an award winner? Our exclusive offers across our new car range could help.
Find out more here.