Make sure everything is in order with our free vehicle check
With potholes reportedly causing as many as 1 in 10 mechanical failures on UK roads and costing British motorists an estimated £2.8 billion every year, it could be an opportune time to take advantage of this complimentary Mercedes-Benz offer.
The damage resulting from hitting a pothole can often go undetected but could seriously affect the tyres, wheel alignment and suspension of your car as well as its overall driving performance.
Tips to minimise the danger of potholes:
- Be vigilant, look out for potholes even in poor weather conditions
- Keep your distance with the vehicle in front so you can see potholes in advance; leading to the next point...
- Avoid sudden braking, as it will put more stress on the front suspension
- Keep the steering wheel held correctly as the jolt from hitting a deep pothole could cause you to lose control
- Stay alert by being aware of vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians before changing direction
Book a free Road Damage Inspection at your local Lookers Mercedes-Benz retailer and our expert technicians will carry out an extensive check on items that could be impaired by pothole damage, such as the wheel alignment, ball joints, coil springs, shock absorbers, steering and suspension.
Whilst your Mercedes-Benz is with us, we will also conduct a health check - again at no cost to you - to ensure that its other vital features are in order too.
In line with the manufacturer recommendation and to maximise your convenience; if you have Mercedes-Benz Cold Weather Tyres fitted to your car we will swap them over for your standard tyres, or visa-versa, during the same visit.
To book your Road Damage Inspection and Vehicle Health Check contact your local Lookers Mercedes-Benz via the link below.