Answers to your frequently asked questions
During your ownership of your Mercedes-Benz, from time to time occasions may arise where you have a question that needs answering. Below you will find the answer to many frequently asked questions. If by chance you cannot find the answer on this page please contact your local Lookers Mercedes-Benz retailer where a member of the team will be happy to assist you further.
1. Are you approved by the manufacturer?
Yes, we run Mercedes-Benz approved official workshops.
2. Do you use Genuine Parts, or items from other suppliers?
We fit only authentic Mercedes-Benz components, and they come with a minimum two-year unlimited mileage warranty. We can also suggest the best suppliers for alarms and trackers.
3. Are cars serviced on site or elsewhere?
All of the work that we do is carried out on site at the service centre.
4. Is there somewhere I can wait during the service?
Yes, please enjoy some entertainment and refreshments in our comfortable waiting area. We also have facilities for children and dedicated Business Zones if you need to continue your working day or catch up on emails.
5. Do you have a collection and delivery service?
Yes, we can collect and deliver to and from our retailer and your home, place of work or another named location for your convenience.
6. If the service will take longer than one day, can I receive a courtesy car?
Yes, subject to availability.
7. How much is a standard MOT?
For the current rates, please get in touch.
8. Do you provide service plans?
Yes, we offer Mercedes-Benz Service Care from less than £1 a day. Contact us to get an accurate quotation.
9. If my car fails its MOT, will you re-test it for free?
Yes, we will do this as long as the retest takes place within ten days of the failure.
10. Do you valet cars, and if so how much does this cost?
All models brought in to our workshops receive a courtesy wash and vacuum. An added 'spruce and shine' can be selected for £20, and a full valet service is approximately £100. Please contact us for more details and an accurate quote for your vehicle.
11. How long will my service/MOT take?
If no other work is needed on your vehicle, we aim to have your MOT test or servicing completed within 24 hours.
12. Will you stamp the service book, or record it electronically? Can you provide a replacement service book, or re-print the service history if required?
This depends on the age and type of model you own. The majority of new cars have a digital service booklet with records stored centrally by Mercedes-Benz UK. We will give you a copy of this record. For all other vehicles, we place an Approved Official Workshop stamp in the service book. Please ask us for servicing records or a new service book.
13. Can you give me an MOT reminder?
Yes, we can contact you between two and four weeks before your next MOT is due.
14. Do you have a specific tyre inspection service?
Yes, we do. Tyres are inspected by one of our specialists, with the results recorded as part of your vehicle health check.
15. Are there other benefits to choosing an Approved Mercedes-Benz workshop?
There are, as the braking systems in some models can only be maintained and repaired with official equipment. We also offer many services that smaller dealers cannot provide.
16. Can I have my car serviced during my lunch hour?
Subject to availability, we provide this service for local customers. Contact us to find out whether we can make an appointment at your preferred time.
17. Should my car need work, will you call me first?
Absolutely. We never carry our repairs and maintenance without your prior consent. A dedicated Mercedes-Benz service team manager will be your point of contact.
18. Can I bring my Mercedes-Benz to you the night before my servicing appointment?
Yes, we will secure your car overnight in our protected car park. Please leave your keys with a member of the team and we will store them in our safe.
19. Can I pay by credit card or cheque?
Credit cards and debit cards are accepted. However we are unfortunately no longer able to accept cheques.
If you have any further questions please contact us using the contact info icon above or the details found on our contact page.