A brand new car that's being built and equipped to your specifications is likely to take at least six weeks to arrive. For the most popular models, you may be placed on a longer waiting list. It's also unusual for approved used or nearly new cars to be ready to drive away on the day you buy, as preparations and some general servicing and maintenance will be required.
Agree a convenient collection date and time with the dealership team, and keep in contact to be certain that the model will definitely be ready on time.
Your dealer will also arrange the paperwork for the car, and motorists purchasing new for the first time may find that there are more documents to complete than they expected. You should receive all of the following:
- A dated sales contract, filled in correctly and in full
- V5C vehicle registration document
- Service history records (if applicable e.g. for pre-owned models)
- MOT certificate (if applicable, for all cars over three years old)
- Full details of your finance plan, if you selected one
Enjoy stress-free purchase processes and a wide variety of new and Approved Used cars by visiting any Lookers location in the UK.