Lookers ŠKODA is a proud Motability Partner and offer a broad range of adapted vehicles to meet disabled motorists' requirements. The Motability Car Scheme aims to help anyone with a disability become more mobile with the use of a specially adapted Motability vehicle.
The scheme allows you access to a brand new car that is exactly right for your particular needs or the person you are caring for. All the running costs are included in the price and we arrange insurance, breakdown and maintenance, so that you can enjoy the freedom of a hassle-free car. The scheme also offers a wide range of adaptations, from driving controls to accelerators.
How does Motability work?
Many of the modified vehicles we offer do not need any advance payment, and typical packages include:
- Brand new car every 3 years
- Insurance for up to two named drivers (which can be yourself, family or friends)
- Personal accident cover
- Road tax included
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs included
- Full RAC breakdown assistance
- Many adaptions at no extra cost
Find out more by watching this handy video.
Who qualifies for the Motability Car Scheme?
If you receive any of the following and have at least 12 months of payments remaining you could qualify:
- The Higher Rate for Mobility of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- The War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- The Enhanced Rate of Mobility on the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- If you have a child aged at least three who claims the Higher Rate for Mobility on DLA. As their parent or legal guardian you can apply for the vehicle on the child's behalf and for their benefit.
When you contact Lookers ŠKODA to discuss the Motability options available, our experienced specialists will take the time to listen to your precise needs and advise on how we can meet them. We'll help you find the perfect car and make any adaptations required for your comfort and convenience.
You will benefit from the same superb aftersales care as all our customers, including support from our expert technicians for as long as you own your vehicle. Maintenance, repairs and your annual MOT can all be completed by Lookers to manufacturer standards, keeping your vehicle performing at its best.