Frequently asked questions about smart servicing at Lookers
1. Are you approved by the manufacturer?
Yes, we run Official smart Approved Workshops.
2. Do you use genuine parts, or items from other suppliers?
We fit only authentic smart components, and they come with a two-year/unlimited mileage warranty.
3. Are cars serviced on site or elsewhere?
All of the work that we do is carried by smart trained technicians in our Approved on site workshops.
4. Is there somewhere I can wait during the service?
Yes, we offer specific waiting appointments where you can relax in our lounge area or continue with your business day in our quite zone. We have a range of refreshments as well as facilities for children.
5. Do you have a delivery and collection service?
Yes, we can collect and deliver to and from our retailer and your home, place of work or another named location for your convenience.
6. If the service will take longer than one day, can I receive a courtesy car?
Yes, subject to availability.
7. How much is a standard MOT?
For the current rates, please get in touch using our Live Chat links above or using the contact details on our contact us page.
8. Do you provide service plans?
Yes, we offer smart Service Care Plansfrom less than 50p a day. Contact us to get an accurate quotation.
9. If my car fails its MOT, will you re-test it for free?
Yes, we will do this as long as the retest takes place within ten days of the failure.
10. Do you valet cars, and if so how much does this cost?
All models brought in to our workshops receive a courtesy wash and vacuum, subject to staff availability. An added 'spruce and shine' or full valet service can be added for a small fee. Please contact us for more details.
11. How long will my service/MOT take?
If no other work is needed on your vehicle, we aim to have your MOT test or servicing completed within 24 hours.
12. Can you give me an MOT reminder?
Yes, we can contact you between two and six weeks before your next MOT is due.
13. Do you have a specific tyre inspection service?
Yes, we do. Tyres are inspected by one of our specialists, with the results recorded as part of your Vehicle Health Check.
14. Are there other benefits to choosing an Approved smart workshop?
There are, as the braking systems in some models can only be maintained and repaired with official equipment. We also offer many services that smaller retailers cannot provide.
15. Can I have my car serviced during my lunch hour?
Subject to availability, we provide this service for local customers, as well as early morning and late night appointments (at selected retailers on selected days). Contact us to find out whether we can make an appointment at your preferred time.
16. Should my car need work, will you call me first?
Absolutely. We never carry our repairs and maintenance without your prior consent. A dedicated smart Service Team Manager will be your point of contact.
17. Can I bring my smart to you the night before my servicing appointment?
Yes, we will secure your car overnight in our protected car park. Please leave your keys with a member of the team and we will store them in our safe.
18. Can I pay by credit card or cheque?
Credit cards and debit cards are accepted. However we are unfortunately no longer able to accept cheques.
If you have any further questions which cannot be answered in this section of the website please do not hesitate to contact us using the live chat link above or by using the details on the contact us page.