The Motability Scheme is dedicated to helping disabled people and war pensioners obtain a new car, with the following benefits.
- Insurance and road tax included
- All servicing, maintenance, windscreen and tyre replacement costs built in
- Accident and breakdown cover
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Ability to nominate up to two drivers
- A new BMW every three years which includes a 60,000 mileage allowance
Who is Eligible?
Those receiving either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) , the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or the Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP), are eligible to use that allowance to cover the monthly rentals of a MINI model over the next three years, with no additional costs. An advance payment may be required and this may vary depending on the model.
Benefits of Motability
A range BMW models are available on the Motability Scheme and some could potentially be available with no Advance Payment. Your eligible benefits are used to make the continuing monthly payments on the vehicle.
Some headline benefits include:
- A brand new BMW every three years with full tax and insurance
- Your BMW will be covered for breakdowns, windscreen and tyre replacements, servicing and maintenance
- You will only need to meet the cost of fuel to get you from A to B
- If any adaptations are needed to the BMW before you can drive it, the vast majority of these can be made on site while you wait
- Motability agreements generally last for three years, at which point you can simply hand the model back and choose another new one